COME AND VISIT ME AT PINKFLUFFYWARRIOR.COM

Friday 14 January 2011

Layer flower

Hello!
Time for a little bit of crochet show and tell.
The Granny ripple is starting to grow.
It's a relaxing pattern to work. Ripple along one way, ripple along the other.
Speaking of the pattern, I'm not totally sure if I can share it with you. As I said before, it is a bit of a mish mash of 2 other patterns. You can find the 2 patterns here and here. I do feel really bad, but I guess it would be stealing if I did share. Do you forgive me???????
Let me make it up to you.
 I have a little flower pattern to share.

UK terms (US terms in brackets)

Ch 3 join with a slst to form a ring.
The hole is tiny, so you may have to wiggle it around a bit, to fit your hook in.
Rd 1. Ch 1 (does not count as a stitch) 12 dc (sc) into ring, slst into 1st dc (sc). 12 dc (sc)
Rd2. Ch3, 3tr tog (3dc tog) into next dc (sc), ch3, slst into next dc (sc). Do this 5 more times. Join with a slst into 1st of beginning 3ch.
Fasten off neatly.
I made 3, with different yarns.
The red one is made with cotton and a 4.5mm hook
The pink one is made with DK and a 4mm hook.
The blue one is made with 4ply and a 3mm hook.

I sewed them together, and added a button.
Ta-dah!
Yay pretty!
Till next time
xxx




17 comments:

  1. Blankie is gorgeous and the flowers so cute! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely blanket and gorgeous flower. Thank you for sharing it. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such nice colors. I love the flowers, too.

    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your ripple blankie Hayley and your flowers are smashing, thank you for sharing :-) xxxx
    Hugs Fee xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Crochet! Lovely colors in your blanket but I really like your little flowers. I think it would be easier to make them this way (each separate) then doing it in layers (one flower with 3 layers). Thanks for sharing your tutorial for the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That flower is so cute, what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your granny ripple blanket, it looks lovely, I am currently crocheting a chevron blanket, which is very similar :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. First time I stopped by; you have a lovely blog. Your granny ripple looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous colours on your blanket, love the way you have done your flowers. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. the ripples are gorgeous!!!
    and the flowers are so pretty pretty! i've been looking for a small project to get me started, i think this might be just the ticket.
    thank you so much for sharing the instructions with us, you are so sweet and kind xxx

    hugs

    millie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there Hayley, this is going to be an amazing blanket! I love the pattern and the colours you used so much...
    Have a great weekend, love Maaike

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just came across your blog, love your crochet work! Thanks for sharing your flower pattern! Your granny ripple is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello! just found your blog... I like the colorfulness of it!!! I'm sure you enjoy that a lot!! I'm now following you!

    Till next time,
    Shanti

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the flowers and the granny ripple. Thanks for including the pattern too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely flowers and blog....I will follow you..

    Greetings from Belgium

    ReplyDelete
  16. hello there
    Your Granny Ripple is super as is all your crochet that you do, l love seein peoples projects and see what they come up with. Hope the house 'dodar' thing is a bit better

    wiggles xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I do so love your granny ripple as it is one crochet pattern that seems to elude me. The little flowers a lovely too... :))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love reading them!
Hugs to you all.
xxx